ShoptheQueensway.com BIA Event Assistant
The ShoptheQueensway.com BIA was established in 2012. A BIA is an association of commercial property owners and tenants within a defined area who work in partnership with the City to create thriving, competitive, and safe business areas that attract shoppers, diners, tourists, and new businesses.
As a novice BIA, we are looking to develop our event and BIA member participation in the upcoming summer festival.
The ShoptheQueensway.com summer will be held on June 24, 2017 and will feature musical entertainment, a brewery crawl, a Queensway shuttle and more.
Number of positons: 1
Hourly Wage: $15.00
Length of position: May 23 – June 23, 2017
Total work hours between May 23, 2017 – June 23, 2017: 40
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Walking within the Queensway BIA community to engage businesses’ staff in a discussion about the BIA summer event
- Gathering BIA business information about event participation, key contacts within each business, and reporting to the Board of Management
- Providing information to store employees about BIA activity
- Assist with event planning and execution
- Assist with social media promotion
- Assist with surveying of business owners
- And other tasks as required
- Post-secondary, education
- Excellent, interpersonal, verbal and written skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Customer service experience
- Familiar with general office equipment and Microsoft office (word, excel, power point, and outlook)
- Professionalism; has a positive demeanour and feels comfortable communicating with the public
- Self-starter, able to work with little supervision
Deadline to apply is May 24, 2017 by 12pm